NEWTOWN CHILLI FEST
SUNDAY JUNE 9, 2019
Newtown's spiciest festival kicks off again this Queen's Birthday long weekend, Sunday 9th June. There will be fresh chillies, chilli laced sauces, chilli chocolates, and more from the inner west to regional NSW. It all culminates in our famous chilli eating competition where participants perspire under the pressures of the peppers.
Grab your mates and come in hot at The Bank for the Chilli Fest.
SIGN UP FOR THE CHILLI EATING COMPETITION
Eating Comp Terms & Conditions
Newtown Chillifest 2019 Chilli Eating Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Bank Hotel [ABN: 82009604719] whose registered office is at 324 King street, Newtown, New South Wales.
2. The competition is open to persons 18 year or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her/their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.bankhotel.com.au/newtown-chillifest.
6. Entries open from 3rd May 2019. Closing date for entry will be 7th June 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Submit a written entry no longer than 100 words on why you love chilli and should be in the competition via the form on our website at www.bankhotel.com.au/newtown-chillifest . Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to The Bank Hotel’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BankHotel/.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The promoter and its agents will individually judge each entry based on the creative merit of answers received and will select in its discretion the entrants who may participate in the Chilli Eating Competition. The promoter will determine the number of participating entrants in its absolute discretion but will ensure it selects a minimum of three entrants.
11. Entries must not be obscene, offensive or inappropriate, or infringing upon the rights of any third party. The promoter reserves the right at any time to verify entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrants or entries where there is reasonable suspicion of any unlawful or improper conduct, or if there has otherwise been a breach of the competition terms and conditions.
12. Entrants will be notified by email or Facebook (depending on how they entered) by the 7th of June, 2019, if they will be participating in the Chilli Eating Competition on the 19th of June, 2019.
13. Selected entrants must make their own way to the Chilli Eating Competition, which will be held at the promoter’s premises. Entrants will be required to sign a waiver accepting the risks that come with participation in the competition before commencing.
14. The prizes are as follows: 1st Prize is a Chilli trophy, a $500 food and beverage voucher redeemable at The Bank Hotel and a pack of three hot sauces from the Handsome Devil Supply Co. 2nd Prize is a case of beer donated by a supplier of The Bank Hotel’s choice, and a pack of three hot sauces from the Handsome Devil Supply Co. 3rd Prize is a six pack of beer donated by a supplier of The Bank Hotel’s choice, and a pack of three hot sauces from the Handsome Devil Supply Co.
15. The prizes are to be taken as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher prize are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
16. Winners will be chosen according to the rules of the Chilli Eating Competition (set out below) and verified by the promoter and or its agents.
17. The promoter will notify the winners when and where the prize can be collected / will be delivered.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
19. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
21. Entrants consent to the promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) participation in the Chilli Eating Competition or use of any prize.
26. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Chilli Eating Competition Rules
- You must eat the entire chilli up to the stalk (not including).
- These must be properly swallowed before moving on to the next round.
- Once all participants have finished we move onto the next round
- Each contestant will have 1 glass of Milk – If you drink it you are disqualified.
- If you spit out any of the chilli you are disqualified.
- You may choose to leave the table at any time.
- Sudden Death: If more than one person reaches the last round then they will go Head to Head eating The Bank’s Special Reapers until someone taps out
Farmers, chefs, and sauce makers come from far and wide to impress punters with chilli sauces both delicious and fiery. Can you take the heat?
Tora Hymen and friends keep the action rolling through all of Chilli Fest, with hot commentary and even hotter outfits. Don't miss the fun, sign up for the latest Chilli Fest news.
CHILLI EATING COMP
The hottest eating competition in Australia! Come watch contestants sweat it out and eat platefuls of the hottest chillies we can find. The King or Queen of Capsaicin will be crowned Sunday June 9th, could it be you?